Friday, November 19, 2004

Kronicles - 1

Hey people,
This is a new section in here, the Kronicles i.e the Kathak Chronicles!

The other day, K was walking to her car in some parking. When she was almost there, she heard a guy talking on his cell. Actually, he had just made the call, or so it seems... And Kathak, she decided to proxy for the person on the other side.

Guy: Hello
Kathak: Hey there honey!
Guy: May I speak to ABCXYZ?
Kathak: Of course you can't honey. She's doing the Adivasi dance!

What followed next was a long pause, the kinds that would put Mr. A B Vajpayee to shame. The guy dropped his cell and started laughing! And K, she quickly got into the car, locked herself in and was laughing like a maniac to infinity!

But that's not the end... Only the beginning! At exactly twelve thirty in the night, K gets up and starts laughing. I get up and ask her, and only after a gruelling interrogation of ten minutes she tells me the reason for bringing the roof down at twelve thirty in the night! And then, every half an hour she's getting up to laugh and do funny things which I still haven't figured the significance of. Adivasi rituals?????

13 Comments:

At 6:12 PM, November 22, 2004, Blogger Sudhakar said...

Adivasi dance? I too didn't get what she meant when she said "Adivasi dance". Let the Kronicles continue!!

 
At 8:11 PM, November 22, 2004, Blogger S m i t h a said...

WOW!! Pearl, u r getting better & better at this... keep rockin!!
And i can tell u one more thing...for K, 12:30AM is too early in the evening!!
Btw - Adivasi dance? The kind done by wild savage vicious jungle people? Why would K say that? Any connections im missing?

 
At 12:43 AM, November 23, 2004, Blogger Daneshia said...

This comment is for Kathak: My dear K, why the inconsistency? Come on, be consistent in your tales.

 
At 2:50 AM, November 23, 2004, Blogger Kathak - The Story Teller! said...

Sudhakar, read what Smitha wrote about the Adivasi dance.

Smitha, spot on! And... no connections missing!

Danny, I have so many Adivasi Dance stories, tell me which one I told you

 
At 4:17 PM, November 23, 2004, Blogger Pearl said...

Sudhakar, Adivasi dance is an activity you say someone is doing when you don't know what that person is really doing.

Bhaiyya, as for "why would K say that", as K would say, its a rhetorical question. Why would K not say something stupid?? if she doesn't say something stupid, then you got to get wondering.

Dan, the tale she told you was the one that started the series of Adivasi Dance tales.

K, I can answer my own comments

 
At 6:22 PM, November 23, 2004, Blogger Sudhakar said...

Pearl, Smitha & K, I got what u all meant by adivasi dance. Will the Kronicles continue?

 
At 6:31 PM, November 23, 2004, Blogger Pearl said...

If you read my blog because of the Kronicles, they will continue. Otherwise why should I bring in the Chini-Mini Grassland????????????

 
At 11:09 AM, November 24, 2004, Blogger Sudhakar said...

Naah!! Not just becoz of Kronicles... I just am reading all the blogs in my frenz' list these days. And I made a list of favourites from them and ur's is one of them. :)

 
At 12:51 PM, November 24, 2004, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice name you've given my friend... Chini-MIni Grassland. Where does that come from?

Rhea

 
At 4:30 PM, November 24, 2004, Blogger Pearl said...

Sudhakar, Thank You for listing my blog in your favourites!

Rhea, Chini-Mini because she who must not be named (SWMNBN) claims was in China in her last birth. Grassland because, her name's an anagram of a grassland! (Mail me for details.... If I let out any more on a public site, the grassland will murder me)

 
At 5:54 PM, November 24, 2004, Blogger Sudhakar said...

Hmmm.. Let me guess the grasslands. Prairie, Pampas, Serengeti, Masai Mara, Steppes. Did I got a hit or miss in the list I mentioned?

 
At 6:15 PM, November 24, 2004, Blogger Kathak - The Story Teller! said...

Sorry Sudhakar... I won't tell you if its a hit or a miss, you'll have to get that offline, I mean off the blog or whatever the equivalent!

 
At 9:37 PM, November 24, 2004, Blogger Sudhakar said...

Kathak, Oh! no problem. I am very bad at guessing anyway.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home