Tuesday, November 16, 2004

Dhannaram Bheel



This man, I was told by my guide (the great lier cock) has the longest beard in the world (4.5ft) and his dad's was 9.5 ft. Like I believe him. Nontheless, here's a picture of Dhannaram Bheel holding out his four point five feet long beard. But you can always check out the official guinness record, which I think is currently held by Shamsher Singh of Punjab and is six feet long. But I'll tell you what, this guide man was such a liercock. He claimed to be a multilinguist knowing nine languages (English, Hindi, Spanish, French, German, Gujrati, etc.). But couldn't even speak a complete sentence of English. Nothing wrong with that, but he shouldn't say he knew it when infact he didn't. He started off with a few English words and later switched to Hindi. Such a show off na. Bigger than K also. I'm sure he was just bluffing.

Notice the Katputlis in the background. Almost all of us wanted to buy one. He said that they were the traditional Rajasthani ones, and when we asked him whether we would get them in Jaipur, (that was our next stop, and the last one before Sawai Madhopur) he said we wouldn't get them the way they're supposed to be. But thanks to my sensibility I bought only one pair and the other from Jaipur at a good price, though I could have got them cheaper. But I still am better at bargaining than any of my friends. And I found myself doing what I call baniyagiri. If you don't understand the meaning of that, mail me!!

4 Comments:

At 8:32 PM, November 17, 2004, Blogger Kathak - The Story Teller! said...

Saali Baniya! Baniyagiri nahi karegi toh kya karegi?????

 
At 7:44 AM, November 18, 2004, Blogger S m i t h a said...

Pearl, when i saw a bearded man i thought this post cannot have a reference to Kathak? But u managed to bring her in! I dont mean just the hyperlink. Anyway, it is a nice post!

Kathak, for the hindi-challenged, can u translate what you said. "My Translator Service" is temporarily out of service.

 
At 11:28 AM, November 18, 2004, Blogger Kathak - The Story Teller! said...

Smitha,
What happened to the nice translation services that we had found for you?

 
At 3:24 PM, November 19, 2004, Blogger Pearl said...

Bhaiyya, I didn't intend getting K in here, but somehow, don't ask me how, she just waltzed right into the post!

Btw... next post, exclusive K!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home